2nd Line Service Analyst
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Working in the Route Services IT Team, you will provide our customers with smart technology for the railway of today, designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions. Your vital work will help to manage the day-to-day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, supporting thousands of employees every day.
An exciting opportunity for 3x 2nd Line Analysts to join our team!
You will provide technical resolution and management of customer incidents and requests regarding infrastructure, IT devices and applications. Provide input into documented improvements in knowledge and support processes for all areas of the Service Operation
You’ll have 2nd line Support experience
You’ll build strong working relationships and rapport with members of their team and our customers. You’re a clear and concise communicator with the ability to tailor your communication depending on the issue and level of stakeholder. You’re empathetic of business needs understanding that needs can differ between our customers and understand the impact that your work has on the organisation.
You’ll work well on your own and as part of a valued team.
Our 2nd Line Service analysts have a drive and ambition to succeed within the role for themselves and the greater good of the team. Challenging current ways of working and continuously looking for ways to improve services, processes and show openness and positivity towards changes. You’ll share ideas, knowledge, experiences, and successes with others to help resolve incident quickly. You’re keen to develop in the role, learning from your colleagues and line managers to understand and appreciate different ideas and approaches. You’ll recognise when they need further support and take responsibility and ownership of their workload, action and be accountable for their own safety and well-being as well as that of others.
Our team are:
- can manage their time efficiently
- can prioritise tasks and follow processes
- open to new ideas and diverse ways of thinking
If this sounds like you apply today to join our team!
What will you be doing?
- Provide first and second level support/ management for IT related queries, adhering to agreed business service levels.
- Recognise and escalate incident trends to enable prompt action from Incident & Problem Management as appropriate.
- Achieve high levels of accuracy in capturing incident details on Service Management tools in accordance with team processes and procedures.
- Manage 2nd line support queue and ensure ticket allocation, vetting and resolution is carried out in accordance with documented guidelines.
- Pro-actively document and fill gaps in processes, knowledge and tools, and Make recommendations for improvement. Implement where possible.
- Provide technical guidance and input to all teams within Service Operations and act as project resource when requested
- Assist with other areas of Service Operations support workload as instructed by Service Operations KPI’s.
- Manage, maintain and improve Service Operations associated services.
The Ideal Candidate
Meet the essential criteria?
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems, MS Exchange and Office productivity suite of applications.
- Good working knowledge of mobile hand-held technologies including Blackberry and Apple IOS devices
- Excellent technical skills gained with relevant experience in a service support function, including supporting bespoke software applications.
- Self-starter requiring little supervision in order to achieve productivity and service targets.
- Highly effective communicator with outstanding customer service skills and the ability to influence outside own team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative, pro-actively taking the initiative to support colleagues and fill knowledge and process gaps.
- Committed to personal development and self-improvement.
- Role model exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt readily to changing work and responsibilities
- Good network and infrastructure knowledge
- Good working knowledge of networking and protocols
- Understanding of other Service Management disciplines (e.g. configuration, change, problem, operations, capacity, availability, performance etc.)
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Vacancy Type: Full-time but flexible working patterns will be considered.
These positions are based in: Manchester Square One
Closing date: 17 September 2021
Band & Salary: Band 5, £24,000
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd