We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video.
About Technical Services
Provide Network Rail and the rail industry with safe, operational testing and trialling for track machines, infrastructure, equipment and new and modified technology. They deliver specialist engineering, asset management, systems analysis, modelling and rail test development services. The team develop robotics, design tools and new technologies as well as designing, developing and manufacturing the high-performance switch system point operation equipment. Working closely with the routes, regions, central functions and industry colleagues to improve the experience of our passengers and freight users.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the assembly, calibration and testing of Point Operating Equipment (POE) that is distributed across the UK for use in the live railway. This high performing POE system provides the mechanical means that allows trains to move from one track to another; lock the rails in place and then communicate it is safe for trains to pass via our signalling systems. You’ll prepare and perform tests to ensure the specified level of quality is met and that it’s safe and ready to be used across the Railway Network. You will be responsible for maintaining and updating our stock control system, taking in and inspecting goods as well as packing and shipping goods-out. This role is essential to the Rail Industry, it is paramount that our services run safely and efficiently.
- Assemble and test Point Operating Equipment
- Monitor stock quantities dealing with good-in, goods-out and updating our stock control system.
- Inspecting components, identifying quality issues and raising Non-Conformance Reports where required and build documentation so that traceability of assembly is maintained, and the history of individual products can be accessed
- Organise and maintain the workshop and associated equipment
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to interpret technical documents, manufacturing drawings, assembly instruction sheets, test schedules and quality plans in order to build products
- Previous experience in assembly and testing
What could set you apart
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Completed or working towards a Recognised engineering apprenticeship / equivalent experience
- Full UK driving licence - Ability to drive a forklift truck / willingness to learn
Role Title: Assembly Technician
Salary range: Band 5 £26,500 – £28,500
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Units 1 & 2, Red Lodge, Warleys Lane, Weston-super-Mare, BS24 7TN
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 03/12/2021
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd