Examination Data Technician - 12m Secondment
Join our Asset Information Services function who specify, collect, evaluate, collate, analyse and share data and information about our infrastructure assets. This data is used to create insights and intelligence, helping asset managers, engineers, network infrastructure planners and maintenance teams make better informed business decisions.
You’ll help support the railway through repeatable, sustainable, reliable services and products. Our methods for collecting data are cheaper and safer than track-side inspections. The power of our data allows our customers to plan and deliver effective maintenance and renewals of railway assets. Together we are delivering improved safety and performance.
The result: A better railway for a better Britain.
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact Abigayle.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Prisca.Mosira@networkrail.co.uk
Can you help us deliver a better railway for a better Britain through using your data analysis skills?
As an Examination Data Technician, you will play an important role in improving the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of the railway by providing accurate asset-related data to internal stakeholders who rely on our insights to make informed business decisions across the rail network every day.
We are looking for people who are:
· Good communicators
· Able to consistently reach deadlines
· Capable of working with large data sets
· Analytical and able to take a systematic approach when reviewing information
What will you be doing?
- Delivering an efficient and effective data management service.
- Collating and monitoring the quality of data received against specified requirements; this will include liaising with data providers to resolve data and quality shortfalls.
- Maintaining and updating the data within appropriate core systems and libraries, in accordance with applicable standards and work instructions.
- Undertaking the provisioning of data as required by other corporate and third-party systems and processes, maintaining synchronisation between systems.
- Maintaining accurate records of data provision, data maintenance and other activities and assisting in the preparation of data assurance and other management information reports.
- Supporting the development and delivery of specific data improvement activities, and process and system enhancements.
- Liaising with managers, customers and stakeholders as required to undertake accountabilities.
- Assisting the team with general queries as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Meet the essential criteria/ Apply today to join our team!
- GCSE grade C or above, or equivalent, in English and Maths
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Previous experience in data management activities
- Proven ability to work systematically and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of computer systems related to infrastructure asset data
- Knowledge of infrastructure data relevant to the railway
- Good knowledge of railway geography and operations
- Knowledge of asset condition data processing methods and processes
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive.We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. In AIS specifically, we have a group of Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Vacancy Type: Full-time but flexible working patterns will be considered.
Duration: 12 month secondment
This position is based in: The Quadrant, Milton Keynes
Closing date: 27 January 2022
Band & Salary: 6 £21,500
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd