IT Administrator (Incident Management)
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Working in the Route Services IT Team, you will provide our customers with smart technology for the railway of today, designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions. Your vital work will help to manage the day-to-day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, supporting thousands of employees every day.
The role of an IT Administrator to operate the ITSS Incident Management process to respond to incidents and requests for service, reported by customers, managing requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring progress, and keeping users apprised of progress.
- Follow agreed procedures for the governance of all support queues; this includes responding to requests for assistance and providing facilitated support throughout the lifecycle of an incident, so that the customer’s problems can be resolved.
- Adhere to escalation procedures, promptly providing and applying incident management governance to escalated calls to prevent the number of complaints raised.
- Recognise and escalate incident trends in supplier queues, to maintain the supplier SLA’s and meet customer expectation.
- Provide high levels of customer service in a consistently friendly, helpful and efficient manner to uphold high levels of customer satisfaction scores.
- Operate high levels of accuracy when updating call details using Incident Management tools with a view to minimise incident downtime.
- Maintain a high level of personal productivity and accuracy to achieve Route Services IT SLA’s.
- Pro-actively highlight improvements and gaps in processes, knowledge, and tools to Team Leader to continually better the service provided.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to concentrate on complex customer problems for significant periods of time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport and engender customer confidence.
- Clear speaking voice with the ability to give complex technical instructions in unambiguous, simple language.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills to ensure a customer’s problem is fully understood.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and achievement with awareness of how personal performance influences service level attainment.
- Excellent team worker with the self-awareness and control to understand how own actions can influence team spirit.
- Excellent keyboard and accuracy skills.
- Proficient in Desktop Software, (MS Office)
- Use of email (MS Outlook)
- Awareness of Service Management disciplines (e.g. configuration, change, problem, operations, capacity, availability, performance etc.)
- ITIL Foundation
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Vacancy Type: Full-time but flexible working patterns will be considered. Hybrid working approach, Office/Remote
These positions are based in: Manchester Square One
Closing date: 11th August 2022
Band & Salary: Band 6, £20,500
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd