IT Service Desk Analyst
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Working in the Route Services IT Team, you will provide our customers with smart technology for the railway of today, designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions. Your vital work will help to manage the day-to-day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, supporting thousands of employees every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 IT Service Desk Analysts to join our team.
You will be providing 1st level Service Desk support to users of Network Rails’ IT systems, acting as a single point of contact for the logging of incidents and requests, making sure that knowledge and first contact resolutions are applied in order to minimise service disruption
What will you be doing?
- Provide first level service desk telephony support for all IT related calls, striving to deliver a high level of fix at first point of contact.
- Follow all agreed processes and procedures, responding to requests for assistance by providing information to enable callers to understand solutions to reported problems.
- Action customer requests in accordance to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), when requested to by the management team.
- Achieve high levels of accuracy in capturing call/incident details via the service management tool in accordance with team processes as well as procedures.
- Adhere to escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate.
- Recognise and raise call/incident trends to Senior Analyst / Team Leader to enable prompt investigation by Incident Management.
- Actively highlight gaps in processes, knowledge and tools to the Senior Analyst / Team Leader.
- You'll deliver the highest levels of customer service in a consistent friendly, helpful and efficient service.
- We maintain high level of personal productivity to support individual/team performance objectives, and the achievement of Service Operations SLAs.
- You will promote quality and consistency of service and taking appropriate actions to deliver performance levels in relation to all agreed goals/targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Meet the essential criteria/ Apply today to join our team!
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to concentrate on complex customer problems for significant periods of time
- Previous experience of working in a Service Desk environment
- Aptitude for logical problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a talent for attention to detail
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport and engender customer confidence
- Clear speaking voice with the ability to give complex technical instructions in unambiguous, simple language
- Excellent listening and questioning skills so that a customer’s problem is fully understood
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and achievement with awareness of how personal performance influences service level attainment
- Excellent team worker with the self-awareness and control to understand how own actions can influence team spirit
- Excellent keyboard and accuracy skills
- Experience in providing IT support in a corporate environment
- Awareness of Service Management disciplines (e.g. configuration, change, problem, operations, capacity, availability, performance etc.)
- ITIL Foundation
- Previous use/awareness of Active Directory
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Vacancy Type: Full-time but flexible working patterns will be considered.
Duration: Permanent, 3 opportunities available
These positions are based in: Manchester Square One
Closing date: 29th June 2022
Band & Salary: Band 6, Salary £19,000 - £21,000
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact Abigayle.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information of the role please contact email@example.com
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd