On Track Plant Specialist
We seek a committed and flexible On Track Plant Specialist for the South of England Route Services On Track Plant Team. You will be a pivotal part of the team leading and directing the co-ordination and utilisation of on track plant (OTP). This role will be challenging but will be able to broaden your experience and further develop your skills.
You will have a strong understanding of the Plant Operations Scheme (POS), OTP, planning of railway specific lifting operations and a good knowledge of the broader railway industry.
You will be aligned to a specific area of the business, so you’ll get to develop relationships and understand the impact of the work you do. To achieve success in this role you will already be align to our values and behaviours, and be in the front line of ensuring compliance, promoting and role modelling positive safety behaviours to meet our vision “Everyone Home Safe Every day”.
You will need to travel across the whole of the South from Land’s End to Margate depending upon the current work bank locations. On occasion national travel and overnight stays may be necessary as you may be needed to cover or assist colleagues as needed.
If you like a varied workload and committed to making the railway a safer place and you have an abundant passion for Plant, then this job could be for you!
You will manage the effective planning, co-ordination and operation of all On Track Plant (OTP) to achieve the route work bank.
You will also promote compliance with legislation, Network Rail company standards and Rail Industry Standards on the use of OTP and provide motivation and support for continued improvement in OTP operational standards.
Your main responsibilities will cover the following
- Provide support in the planning of operations involving OTP at Delivery Unit and Route level.
- Provide a check of the Lifting Operations involving OTP in compliance with the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment regulations, Network Rail and Rail Industry Standards.
- Provide the technical lead on OTP including all briefing requirements to maintenance staff and suppliers.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on OTP operations to local management.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support for supervisor and senior managers required to undertake OTP assurance.
- Provide local support for national initiatives involving OTP improvements.
- Conduct assurance surveillance and inspections to identify good practice and incidents on non-compliance and take appropriate action.
- Provide out of hours support for real time lifting operations.
- Act as regular liaison and key point of contact with OTP suppliers to manage compliance to relevant standards and maintain a good working relationship.
- Provide the focus for technical support for OTP incident investigations
The Ideal Candidate
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of planning
- Knowledge of LOLER regulations and application
- Knowledge of Construction Design and Management Regulations Site Safety requirements
- Ability to obtain Network Rail Lift Planner competence
- Knowledge of the engineering safety management and risk assessment processes
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
It would be desirable to have the following:
- Significant relevant experience of railway engineering
- Experience of the construction industry
- Experience of mentoring and coaching others
- Holder of Appointed Person competence or Network Rail Lift Planner competence
- Experience in both maintenance and projects
- Experience of leading assurance activities
This position is based in South East.
Salary range: £32,740 to £36,832 per annum
At Network Rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 1 November 2021
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to find out more about this role please contact Andrew Reynolds on 07919 470630.
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd