Route Training Support Manager
You will act as the main point of contact between the training centre and the routes.
Developing a partnership with the routes and working closely with other training centres in the southern route. This role is very customer centric so previous account/client management would be advantageous, you will be taking demands and working face to face with clients to discuss emerging issues or prioritisations
A background in training is not necessary to be successful in this role, as it is mostly analytical.
You will be capturing data, changings formats and cutting data to form business plans. This data will be then be collated and presented to the relevant audiences. In their absence you will also act as deputy for the National Training Manager.
The successful candidate will need to have knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. This role is mainly office based with scope to work from home – travel to other training centres may be required.
- Build and develop productive relationships within the route to secure accurate training demand aligned to customer targets and objectives.
- Uncover future enhancement initiatives requiring the development of the workforce through training interventions to facilitate accurate resource planning and optimal scheduling.
- Act as first line of Public Relations for Network Rail Training across the route.
- Develop the training delivery plan for central projects to meet customer requirements whilst maximising the effective utilisation of the resources available.
- Act as primary customer interface for centralised training demand, performance improvement initiatives and impact measurement.
- Acquiring training demand and efficient planning and forecasting for the Route.
- Maintain effective relationships within Network Rail Training, maximising the utilisation of training places for the Route.
- Develop reporting and communication strategies that deliver business intelligence to the Route to maximise staff competence.
- Actively contribute into the Network Training business planning process to secure relevant budget for required customer defined activities.
- Act as deputy for National Training Manager. Provide support to National Training Manager for customer development activity at Functional Director and Route Managing Director level and represent Network Rail within the Industry community to enhance cross industry efficiency and cost reduction.
The Ideal Candidate
What could help set you apart?
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence others (negotiation skills, presentation skills, building partnerships & relationships)
- Excellent Leadership skills capable of motivating the team
- Strong customer focus
- Knowledge of business planning, commercial and financial management processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of Learning and Development
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
Location: Paddock Wood
Job Title: Route Training Support Manager
Band: Band 3A
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 03/11/2021
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
As a top 50 best employer and one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employer we value diversity and recognise that diverse teams are high performing teams. Our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling you to bring your whole self to work and achieve your full potential. Click here for more information
With six employee networks we provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. We also believe that a good work life balance is vital to success and this is reflected in both our flexible and agile working arrangements. At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more. For more information click here
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd