Shared Service Administrator [Time and Attendance]
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video.
About Shared Services
Our Shared Services team deliver specialist processes that have a direct impact on the performance of Network Rail, our customers and suppliers. These services include payroll, accounts, finance, controls and compliance, reporting, recruitment and helpdesk support.
What will you be doing?
This is an interesting role that offers lots of scope. The work you will do is very important to our colleagues and is critical to the business. You will receive various data sets, information requests and queries that you will manage for a specific area of the business. You will be responsible for; adding data onto our internal systems, data processing, dealing with queries; many that will require further investigation and you’ll deal with internal and external customers and stakeholders, building strong working relationships. Some of the queries will be complex and you’ll deal with sensitive and confidential information.
It’s a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of the wider business, you’ll work with different people from different departments, up to Exec level. You’ll learn more about our policies, procedures, contracts, T&C’s, benefits (and more) and make sure our colleague are paid correctly and on-time.
- Responsible for data input and processing; for example, timesheet data, absence, sickness, payment arrears. You’ll need to have great attention to detail ensuring the data is accurate and that any mistakes are corrected.
- You’ll managed sensitive and confidential data so must comply with GDPR.
- Deal with complex queries, investigating issues to provide the right advice and liaise with external stakeholders. You’ll need to be a confident communicator with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure all vital services are delivered, working to strict deadlines and targets.
- Produce accurate data and reports using excel; proficiency with data manipulation, filters, pivot tables, V-lookups and the ability to reference data from one workbook to another.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with data handing – processing and inputting.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Previous experience with GDPR
- Experience within a Shared Services environment
What could set you apart
- Knowledge of Work Brain and Oracle
Role Title: Shared Service Administrator [Time & Attendance]
Salary range: Band 6 £17,290 - £22,500
Contract Type: 6-month secondment / FTC (we have 2 6-month opportunities)
Location: Square One | 4 Travis Street | Manchester M1 2NY
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 24/09/2021
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: Charlie.email@example.com.
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd