Shared Services Administrator [Payroll] (Pensions and Reward)
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video
About Shared Services
Our Shared Services team deliver specialist processes that have a direct impact on the performance of Network Rail, our customers and suppliers. These services include payroll, accounts, finance, controls and compliance, reporting, recruitment and helpdesk support.
Payroll Pension & Reward Team
As part of the team you will be responsible for working within specified timeframes, adhering to SLA’s and KPI’s. You’ll work with different teams across the shared service centre to resolve queries and share knowledge and best practice. You will be a part of the Pension & Reward Team to support day to activities. This may, for example, include analysing data as part Network Rail’s annual performance and review project.
- Accurate data entry – checking, cleansing and auditing information.
- Produce accurate reports using Oracle, PSE and excel.
- Perform audit activities and reconciliations.
- Deal with a variety of Pension and Reward related queries in a timely manner.
- Support the payroll processing team with administrative tasks.
- Creating and updating employee Pension options within the system for DC, DB and Hybrid Schemes
- Reconciliation of pension contributions to ensure all periodic deductions from employees are correct and invested within strict deadlines, including investigating, and resolving anomalies
- Administer and process ad-hoc payments to third parties via PTx (BACS) and CHAPs payments
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Previous payroll/ Pension experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Has good customer service skills
- Be well organised, able to priorities and work within specific timeframes.
- Intermediate excel skills - data manipulation, filters, formula, pivot tables, V-lookups and referencing data from one workbook to another.
What could set you apart
- Experience with Oracle / similar payroll system
- Experience working within a large and complex organisation
- Used to dealing with large volumes in a fast-paced environment
- Payroll qualification
- Experience of reconciling pensions contributions
- Good knowledge and understanding of pension schemes and administration including auto enrolment
Role Title: Shared Services Administrator [Payroll] (Pensions and Reward)
Salary range: Band 6 salary circa £21,000 per annum
Contract Type: 9 secondment / fixed term contract
Location: Square One | 4 Travis Street | Manchester M1 2NY
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 12/08/2022
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd