Shared Services Administrator [Payroll]
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video
About Shared Services
Our Shared Services team deliver specialist processes that have a direct impact on the performance of Network Rail, our customers and suppliers. These services include payroll, accounts, finance, controls and compliance, reporting, recruitment and helpdesk support.
What will you be doing?
You will support the payroll processing team with all payroll related administrative tasks. This is a varied role, you’ll work on different activities such as data inputting, checking, cleansing, audit activities and reconciliations. You will produce reports, send out letters and deal with queries. You will be responsible for working within specified timeframes, adhering to SLA’s and KPI’s. You’ll work with different teams across the shared service centre to resolve queries and share knowledge and best practice.
- Accurate data entry – checking, cleansing and auditing information.
- Produce accurate reports using Oracle, PSE and excel.
- Perform audit activities and reconciliations.
- Deal with a variety of payroll related queries in a timely manner.
- Support the payroll processing team with administrative tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Previous payroll experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be well organised, able to priorities and work within specific timeframes.
- Intermediate excel skills - data manipulation, filters, formula, pivot tables, V-lookups and referencing data from one workbook to another.
What could set you apart
- Experience with Oracle / similar payroll system
- Experience working within a large and complex organisation
- Used to dealing with large volumes in a fast-paced environment
- AAT / other payroll qualification
Role Title: Shared Services Administrator [Payroll]
Salary range: Band 6 £17,290 - £22,500
Contract Type: 12 and 18-month secondment / fixed term contracts (2 positions)
Location: Square One | 4 Travis Street | Manchester M1 2NY
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 08/12/2021
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: email@example.com .
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd