Shared Services Administrator [Project Management]
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video.
About Shared Services
Our Shared Services team deliver specialist processes that have a direct impact on the performance of Network Rail, our customers and suppliers. These services include payroll, accounts, finance, controls and compliance, reporting, recruitment and helpdesk support.
This role is responsible for administration and managing of continuous improvement projects across multiple departments within shared services. The role will require stakeholder engagement, the ability to communicate requirements and information effectively to all interested parties, the ability to meet deadlines and manage customer expectations, able to document and record requirements conducted in discoveries with ability to monitor and track progress of the project.
- Deliver a right first time administration service within your team.
- Deliver quality administrative outputs to prevent rework. Deliver the compliance to the administration of internal processes.
- Consistently apply administration duties within your function.
- Take personal ownership for the activities allocated, be aware of related measures and work with others to achieve these key performance indicators within your shared service team.
- Undertake administrative tasks and certify that the team has adequate support to undertake other duties.
- Update and maintain information held within the shared service centre, certify that when updating records on databases that the information you are entering is up to date and accurate.
- Operate within the pre-agreed control framework, demonstrate a control mind set. Continually review the local framework for adherence, where gaps are identified take personal ownership to define, socialise and embed improvements within shared services. Work with all parties to reduce risk and the cost of control within your team and the wider centre.
- Develop / continually improve relations with key stakeholders, play your part in embedding a customer centric culture where all team members consider the impact on customers and their future requirements.
- Support the Network Rail better day every day initiative by highlighting areas of potential improvement at the daily / weekly focus groups.
- Work with others to support a culture of operational responsibility where individuals, take personal ownership for delivery.
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional customer focus/engagement
- Proven administrative / analytical skills
- Experience of delivering continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
What could set you apart
- Occupational knowledge of subject areas
- Working towards or educated to degree level or equivalent
- Processing high volume activity
- Advanced skills in Excel
Role Title: Shared Services Administrator [Project Management]
Salary range: £21,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Square One | 4 Travis Street | Manchester M1 2NY
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 09/08/2022
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: email@example.com
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd