Technical Request Analyst
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Working in the Route Services IT Team, you will provide our customers with smart technology for the railway of today, designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions. Your vital work will help to manage the day-to-day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, supporting thousands of employees every day.
Working predominantly within SCCM/MECM you will perform software packaging and deployment work for critical business applications – keeping the IT estate up to date and secure.
You will fulfil all technical service requests, including but not limited to application deployment, SSL certificate management and SCCM housekeeping, within service level agreements and in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures. Collaborating extensively across the organisation to implement fit for purpose solutions, that underpin key business processes, so that there is a high degree of focus on quality, efficiency, productivity, automation and customer satisfaction.
What will you be doing?
- Provide a consistent and quality service in the fulfilment of technical requests.
- Developing and implementing solutions based on customer requirements, so that they support key business processes and achieve agreed outcomes.
- Maintaining high levels of personal/team productivity by actioning and resolving customer requests in accordance with defined Service Level Agreements.
- Implement and maintain appropriate support documentation, so that there is effective governance and version control in relation to all activities undertaken within the team.
- Adhere to escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate.
- Identifying suitable work streams that increase the capability and productivity of the organisation, so that cost recoveries are generated where appropriate.
- Working with other subject matter experts to establish that all tasks are capable of being completed by all members of the team.
- Undertaking cost benefit analysis to maximise return on investment of proposed solutions.
- Highly adaptable/flexible approach in order to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
Meet the essential criteria/ Apply today to join our team
- Extensive knowledge of tools such as SCCM, CMG, Lenovo Patch.
- Usage of PowerShell to automate task driven workflows
- Understanding of SSL certification and certificate authorities (e.g. DigiCert)
- In-depth understanding and experience of working with Active Directory
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport, engender customer confidence and increase customer satisfaction.
- Ability to understand and interpret customer requirements so that appropriate solutions are implemented
- Understanding of corporate telephony systems (IVR, scripting, displays etc) used within busy service centre environments
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and achievement with awareness of how personal performance influences team spirit and service level attainment.
- Ability to work under pressure at times, both individually and as part of a team.
- Awareness and application of security policies in relation to technical request fulfilment activities
- Aptitude for logical problem solving.
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Vacancy Type: Full-time but flexible working patterns will be considered.
These positions are based in: Manchester Square One
Closing date: 16 August 2022
Band & Salary: Band 4A- (£27,010 - £30,387)
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
For further information of the role please contact Peter.North@networkrail.co.uk
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd