Technical and Training Specialist (ROC maintenance)
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video.
About Network Rail Training
We believe that excellent training and development is essential to our success. Skills, operations and leadership training – We have dedicated route and regional teams to manage local training plans. Our network of qualified trainers use their hands-on rail experience to deliver industry leading skills, operations and leadership training locally and through our dedicated development centres.
What will you be doing?
Working as the Signalling & Telecoms (S&T) Technical Expert on Digital System being introduced to the railway, you will attend workshops, train the trainer sessions and study manufacturers material to gain a comprehensive understanding of railway systems and technologies, such as the European Train Control System (ETCS) and Traffic management System (TMS). You’ll collaborate with clients, project teams and designers, to develop and technically assure training materials. You will deliver high-quality, inspirational, technical, safety and vocational training that is stimulating and engaging.
- Motivate and inspire delegates by delivering engaging, stimulating, safety centric training.
- Use blended delivery skills (paced for the learner) and stimulating, high quality material in accordance with Network Rail standards, regulations & working instructions.
- Deliver technical and non-technical skills training and assessment associated with industry change, incorporating new ways of working in order to improve safety, performance and
- Comply with safety procedures, actively promoting our behaviours, values, processes, policies and corporate messages, ensure safety awareness at all times and lead by example.
- Maintain a good knowledge of digital railway operating systems and products.
- Provide effective analysis, assessment and evaluation of delegate learning and optimise training delivery.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in an operational, technical/signalling role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital railway operating systems and technologies and how they apply to existing railway infrastructure.
- Either in possession of, or capable and willing to achieve, a recognised training qualification (including a ‘train-the-trainer’ element), such as a Level 4 or Level 5 Award in Education and Training or an equivalent predecessor.
- Either in possession of, or capable and willing to achieve, a Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement OR hold an equivalent predecessor qualification, such as D32/33 or A1/A2.
What could set you apart
- Experience of working in complex, change orientated, environments.
- Previous training delivery experience
Role Title: Technical & Training Specialist (ROC maintenance)
Salary range: Band 4.C £40,107 - £45,120
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London Enterprise House. 167-169 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington | London | W2 6JX
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 13/12/2021
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: Chynna.Gibney@networkrail.co.uk
About the Company
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd