Workforce Development Specialist [Tech & Vocational Progs]
You will deliver essential training to our frontline maintenance workforce, conduct SMTH (signal maintenance testing handbook) recertification assessments and support with the assessment and evaluation of courses, monitoring impact and making recommendations for improvement.
This training is vital, our workforce must maintain exceptional standards of competency and safety to deliver day to day maintenance work, putting our passengers first and making sure everyone gets home safe every day. You’ll need comprehensive knowledge in all SMTH category’s, (signal engineering, telecoms engineering and track safety)
You will deliver high-quality, inspirational, technical, safety and vocational training that is stimulating and engaging. Each training course will differ, ranging from one day to a few weeks, you will use various tools, resources and methods, delivering classroom and field-based training.
You will attend a 1-week ‘train the trainer’ course and work towards a NVQ level 3-5 and TAQA (training assessment and quality assurance) qualification paid for by Network Rail.
*Some travel may be required to deliver courses in local delivery units.
- Motivate and inspire delegates by delivering engaging, stimulating, safety centric training.
- Use blended delivery skills (paced for the learner) and stimulating, high quality material in accordance with Network Rail standards, regulations & working instructions.
- Comply with safety procedures, actively promoting our behaviours, values, processes, policies and corporate messages, ensure safety awareness at all times and lead by example.
- Focus on the welfare of delegates and create a positive environment.
- Continuously monitor and develop your own technical and educational proficiencies, taking an active part in Content Review Groups and Skills Forums
- Develop and improve training and assessment materials, along with aids, documentation and equipment.
- Assess both the capabilities of delegates and the impact of training, assist the Technical Training Delivery Manager in identifying and evaluating trends in performance and value.
- Positively contribute to the continuous improvement of the training, support the Training Delivery Manager to analyse programme design, evaluation, team dynamics, centre performance and reputation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Comprehensive knowledge in all SMTH category’s, (signal engineering, telecoms engineering and track safety)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Previous trainer experience, able to provide an exemplary level of learner-focused customer service to delegates, enhancing their enjoyment, motivation to learn, and value gained from the whole training experience.
What could set you apart
- An understanding of different learning styles
- Sound knowledge of rules, regulations and working instructions
- Knowledge and experience in Signal Engineering competences
- A background, experience or qualification in adult learning
Role Title: Workforce Development Specialist (S&T)
Salary range: Band 4C. £40,107 - £44,000 (plus up to £5,000 market supplement)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke Training Centre, Gresley Rd, Basingstoke, RG21 4FS
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 26/05/2022
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: Chynna.Gibney@networkrail.co.uk.
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video.
About Network Rail Training
We believe that excellent training and development is essential to our success. Skills, operations and leadership training – We have dedicated route and regional teams to manage local training plans. Our network of qualified trainers use their hands-on rail experience to deliver industry leading skills, operations and leadership training locally and through our dedicated development centres.
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd