Area Support Analyst Payables and COOM
- Act as the departmental subject matter expert for all operational escalations, upskill and continually develop the team to drive knowledge and performance.
- Work with the service team to review and performance, feedback to the team and where necessary escalate concerns to the team manager.
- Build knowledge and understanding of the operation you work within, document processes and drive standardisation. Upskill team members to follow and continually consider improvements to processes.
- Responsible for understanding the full shared service operation, work with other departmental analysts to knowledge share and upskill within the subject matter expert community.
- Act as second line support for the query management team, aid the helpdesks teams in answering more complex queries and respond on behalf of your team.
- Play your part in a peer group of Analysts within the centre, focus on driving the knowledge share to the wider shared service centre and focus on key initiatives.
- Support an inclusive culture where individuals can be themselves and are free to challenge existing process without discouragement. Encourage a culture of operational responsibility where individuals take personal ownership for delivery.
- Operate within the pre-agreed control framework; embed a control mind set amongst employees. Continually reviewing the framework for adherence, where gaps are identified take personal ownership to define, socialise and embed improvements. Work with all parties to reduce risk and the cost of control.
- Develop / continually improve relations with key stakeholders, define and embed a customer centric culture where all team members consider the impact on customers and their future requirements
- Support the Network Rail better day every day initiative by overseeing the adoption of weekly focus initiatives, coaching and empowering team members to innovate existing processes to drive continuous improvement in the department and wider organisation
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience of improvement projects and processing high volume activity
- Exceptional customer focus/engagement/stakeholder management skills
- Experience managing, leading and motivating large multi-disciplined teams
- Proven analytical skills
- Experience of working in a high transactional environment
- Demonstrable experience in leading service, process and system improvements.
- Experience working at a similar level within a multi-faceted organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- ORACLE eBusiness Suite or ERP experience
What could set you apart
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of managing improvement projects and processing high volume activity
- Intermediate Excel skills
Role Title: Area Support Analyst [Payables & COOM]
Salary range: £20,000- £25,000 per annum
Contract Type: 12-month secondment/ FTC
Location: Square One | 4 Travis Street | Manchester M1 2NY
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 19/05/2022
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd