Incident Problem Analyst
This role sits in Route Services, a business area that has been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Working in the Route Services IT Team, you will provide our customers with smart technology for the railway of today, designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions. Your vital work will help to manage the day-to-day running of our vast IT estate, from safety critical systems maintenance to hardware provision, supporting thousands of employees every day.
Responsible for ensuring that processes are adhered to in respect of all incidents and problems from the point of classification to resolution including prioritisation and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of resolutions. Production of management information to underpin the incident and problem management processes.
What will you be doing?
- Analyse incident data to identify trends and potential areas for further investigation; initiating investigations where required. Manage other requests for information and new investigations when received or escalated to the Problem Management Team.
- Assign all problems with the correct priority to enable investigations to take place based on business impact and criticality.
- Drive root cause analysis and problem resolution through effective collaboration with the relevant subject matter experts and ITIL functions. Monitoring the implementation of agreed resolutions in liaison with the Service Desk, Configuration Management, Change and Asset Management functions ensuring that the problem has been resolved.
- Communicate existing investigations; available workarounds for unresolved problems/known errors; closure details to the appropriate audience.
- Confirm that existing problems and known errors in systems and services being brought into production are understood and managed in the same way as those arising from operational incidents.
- Build peer-to-peer relationships across ITSS and with Suppliers ensuring day to day issues are effectively communicated and escalated were appropriate.
- Develop and produce management information to communicate volumes of high severity incidents, problem trends, results and performance against service levels.
- Contribute at regular meetings to discuss outstanding issues, problem records and prioritisation.
- Support Managers across GBS with Incident Reviews/Problem Reviews/Service Reviews as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Meet the essential criteria/ Apply today to join our team!
- Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and solve problems independently
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Capable of absorbing data from various sources and making accurate judgment based decisions.
- Skilled in the use of incident and problem management tools for the recording, progressing and reporting of incidents
- Knowledge of Service Management disciplines within the IT arena
- Proficient in Problem Management and the use of appropriate tools
- Good team worker with the ability to influence Senior Managers.
- Practitioner Certificate in IT Service Management: Problem Management
- Proficient in Time Management Techniques
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Vacancy Type: 2 Full-time positions
These positions are based in: Manchester Square One / Remote based
Closing date: 29 June 2022
Band & Salary: Band 5 role - salary: £24,000 - £28,000 dependant on experience
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team, please contact Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information of the role please contact, Joanne Largue
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd