Payroll Project Manager
About Shared Services
Our Shared Services team deliver specialist processes that have a direct impact on the performance of Network Rail, our customers and suppliers. These services include payroll, accounts, finance, controls and compliance, reporting, recruitment and helpdesk support.
What will you be doing?
You will be supporting the business to transition an outsourced payroll for approx.16,500 employees onto our inhouse payroll platform. You’ll work with the current third-party supplier and the implementation partner to support the system requirements; system build and implementation of an effective payroll service. You’ll need to understand and review the current service, system, processes and T&C’s in order to make sure the internal system is built to requirements. You’ll be involved in parallel runs, user acceptance testing (UAT), risk mitigation activity as well as providing updates to key stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the payroll teams are kept up to date; you’ll arrange work schedules, resource planning, system integration, and create standard operating procedures to deliver effective training programmes.
- You’ll need to be a good communicator, build strong working relationships with external partners.
- You need to be methodical, have great attention to detail and be well organised to support the project.
- You’ll need to ensure the project is on track to deliver to the agreed timescales/deadlines.
- You’ll need excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver updates to key stakeholders and the payroll teams
- You will highlight any risks, issues and opportunities for improvement
- You will be responsible for ‘go live’ activities, and post ‘go live’ support
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive payroll knowledge and experience, with some payroll implementation knowledge
- Experience of leading and motivating a team through change
- Parallel runs and UAT testing experience
- Payroll systems experience (preferably Oracle or similar)
What could set you apart
- System implementation experience
- Project Management experience
Role Title: Payroll Project Manager
Contract Type: 12-month Secondment/ Fixed term
Location: Square One | 4 Travis Street | Manchester | M1 2NY
Salary range: £51,156 - £57,551 per annum
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 5th July 2022.
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd