Network Management Technician
What will you be doing?
- Perform Tier 1 network surveillance to identify alarms/ issues on the remote management terminals (i.e. Netcool, SCADA, FTN Transmission, GSM-R Radio and GSM-R Core Switching Element Managers) with a view to investigating or escalating to Tier 2 for in-depth technical analysis
- Receive and record customer fault details in the fault management database, tasking these to the appropriate function and also recording the action taken and any resolutions achieved
- Drive Trouble/Problem tickets through to resolution in accordance with agreed targets and related priorities driving committed engagement and commitments with all involved resolver groups and customers, utilising proactive internal and external resolution escalation as required.
- Construct/write fault reports to facilitate a strong focus on Trouble Ticket resolution.
- Compile handover reports to enable the smooth transition of operational issues/concerns/notes from one shift team to the next.
- Perform tasks in support of ongoing programmes. These may include providing technical information, test calls and related tasks.
- First point of contact for all telephone, email and FAX queries, making sure that these queries are directed to the relevant team/person.
- Provide prompt and timely response and updates to customer queries and fault reports, demonstrating strong awareness of their business needs/requirements and priorities
The Ideal Candidate
What essential skills and experiences are required?
- Basic understanding of fibre/copper transmission and digital radio telecommunications systems.
- Fully conversant with operating computer based applications.
- Minimum of GCSE/ ‘O’ levels including English, Mathematics and Science.
- Experience of working in a high pressured environment
- Willing to work shifts (roster includes nights and weekends).
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Experience of working on a telecommunication network.
- Experience of shift working
Who we are looking for?
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have a number of employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment. For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
Network Management Technician
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Location: Stoke TPC Building
Closing date: 17 May 2022
Band & Salary: Band 6, £22,000 - £28,000
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team, please contact Georgina.Brookes@networkrail.co.uk
For further information of the role please contact – Ian Irlam - 07701 064173 or Adam Palmer 07732 640661
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd